Top Ten Snack Combinations
Here is a list of some of my favorite snack combinations. When combining and choosing different foods for healthy snacks for weight loss, look for three things: protein, healthy fat and low glycemic carbohydrates. Low glycemic carbohydrates release sugar into the blood stream slowly over time.
Look at snacks like little meals. One of the big mistakes people make when choosing snacks is not balancing the snack with good nutrition. When your making dinner you would not just eat meat and nothing else. For example, you would have a piece of fish for your protein and healthy fat, and hopefully a few different vegetables with olive oil for your carbohydrates and additional healthy fats. When making a snack, do the same thing. Have some protein, fat and low glycemic carbohydrates.
Top Ten Healthy Snacks for Weight loss
- Hard-Boiled Egg and Cherries
- Walnuts and Grapes
- Beef Jerky and Celery
- Dark Chocolate and Almonds
- Greek Yogurt and Sunflower Seeds
- Berries & Macadamia Nuts
- Salmon Jerky and Carrots
- Apple and Peanut Butter
- Edamame and Tomato
- Avocado and Tuna
A Few Tips About the Snacks
- Always buy organic whenever possible.
- Look for low sodium varieties when it comes to the beef jerky, salmon jerky and all nuts and seeds.
- Make sure you wash all your fruit and vegetables thoroughly.
- You can buy frozen eda-nami and quickly boil it and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Add olive oil to the edamame and tomato.
- Buy the canned tuna in olive oil.
- Don’t over do the dark chocolate. That’s the only snack on the list that is not quite like a meal but I love dark chocolate.
- You can find fresh ground peanut butter at most health food stores.
- Use the Glycemic index when making your own snack combination.
Let me know if you like my healthy snacks for weight loss and e-mail me a list of your favorite healthy snacks. I would be very interested to see what you are snacking on.
If you enjoyed this post, then make sure you subscribe to my e-mail list.
Best – Mike Cola