10 Super Grains
Warning: Illegal string offset 'disable_postoptin_global' in /home/content/39/4427439/html/wp-content/plugins/premium-list-magnet-1/plm.php on line 1189
Grains are super nutritious, delicious and easy to make. I cook most of my grains in a rice cooker. These cookers use a sensor to tell when the liquid has been absorbed. All you have to do is add one part grain and 2 parts water and hit the start button. When the water is absorbed the grain is cooked. Some grains might require a little more water than others but after a little experimentation it could not be easier to cook healthy nutritious grains.
Top 10 Super Grains:
- Amaranth: Is high in protein and calcium. One cup of amaranth has about 28 grams of protein and 300 milligrams of calcium.
- Barley: High in fiber. One cup of barley has 6 grams of fiber and only 193 calories.
- Millet: Is an African grain widely consumed in China. Good source of niacin, folic acid, iron, potassium, magnesium and zinc. Plus it’s gluten free.
- Quinoa: Considered a grain but actually a relative of leafy green vegetables. High in manganese, fiber and protein. One forth cup has 6 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber
- Rye: Are higher in protein, iron and potassium than wheat. They have nice chewy texture and great with oats as a winter cereal.
- Oats: High in fiber and studies has shown that eating rolled oats on a regular basis can lower cholesterol.
- Spelt: Nice nutty sweet flavor, high in protein and easy to digest. Can be used instead of wheat to make high protein breads.
- Kamut: Has a rich buttery flavor and chewy texture. Higher in protein than wheat by about 30%.
- Kasha: Full of B vitamins and rich in phosphorous, potassium, iron and calcium. Kasha is roasted hulled buckwheat kernels and is a staple of the Russian diet.
- Teff: A nutritional powerhouse from North Africa. High in protein, iron and calcium. Great as a hot breakfast cereal.
I know some of these grains might be new to you but give them a try. It’s fun to experiment with foods and grains from all over the world. These super grains are all loaded with nutrition and are easy to make. Let me know which ones turn out to be your favorite.
If you enjoyed this post, then make sure you subscribe to my e-mail list.
Best- Mike Cola
Get My Free "Forever 27" Workout !
Enter your email to get immediate access to "Forever 27" Workout